Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pick-Me-Up Buttercup!














I spilled my coffee/cocoa this morning all over my puffy white jacket. I then walked over to the gym to build-up some endorphins and got stuck with the crappy corner treadmill. Post-workout, I decided to go down and eat some lunch in the school cafeteria… I am now experiencing a massive stomach ache.

It is definitely, DEFINITELY not the worst day of my life… but clearly, it could be better. Sometimes it’s just the little nit-picky weekday downers that put a damper on my overall mood. In order to prevent these disappointments from ruining my day, I turn to the following pick-me-ups to keep me sane, focused, perky and motivated…

1) Retail Therapy: Whether I’m recklessly swiping the parental’s credit card or simply browsing through a store… shopping-shopping-shopping is an amazing mood-lifter! Reading Hallmark cards, trying on sexy lingerie, buying a new pair of shoes or even purchasing new shampoo are all perfect ways to find your smile again :)
2) Fmylife.com: You think YOU’RE having a bad day? Check out this hysterical website where visitors are invited to vent about their horrible, embarrassing and unlucky encounters. You’ll log-off feeling incredibly grateful that your life sucks less than that other guy.
3) Routine Endorphisizing: (AKA- jogging)… Scientists aren’t lying to you. Regular exercise really does help to eliminate sadness, anger, frustration and any other unwanted emotions. Blast your iPod while running down the street, working the elliptical and pumping iron. You’ll get your blood flowing and tighten your sexy buns!
4) Self-service candy counters: My school’s on-campus mini-mart offers a top-notch variety of goodies located along its “Help Yourself” wall. Just grab a plastic bag and stuff it chock-full of whatever tasty treats you’re craving. My favorites: chocolate-covered pretzels, Swedish fish, Sweet-caramel trail mix and dried pineapple. (Sure, you might feel gross after stuffing your face… but the sugar-high is fantastic!)
5) Writing “Life’s A Musical” blog posts: Awwwwwwww… (Yup, I said it!) I truly look forward to creatively forming these delightful posts for your enjoyment. Keep on reading… & please feel free to share with me your own mood-lifting strategies!

No comments:

Post a Comment