
Last night I went to review an amazing show for my school paper called "A Bronx Tale," an entertaining Broadway play starring one man, Chazz Palminteri, who recounts his experiences growing up in gangster-ridden New York City as an Italian in the 1960s.
The show combines hysterical one-liners with serious motifs such as love, wisdom, loyalty and integrity. Palminteri captivates viewers with his animated portrayals of his childhood friends and gangster role models.
But enough about the play... let's talk about my pre-show experience: I left for the theater a little early because of my "occasional" tendency to get lost while driving through the city... OK, fine... I get lost everywhere! (I personally blame the retards at Mapquest)
Anyways... I had a bit of time to kill so I planted my tooshie in a cozy booth at a food court across the street from the theater. I bought myself a drink, broke out some homework and hit the books!
Approximately ten feet away from my booth sat a nerdy-looking man and an unattractive woman. I couldn't help but to eavesdrop on their conversation because of the man's uncomfortably high voice. They were both dressed in fancy work clothes and the woman was clearly in control of the conversation. After hearing the woman ask the man what his weaknesses were, I knew that I was spying on a very awkward yet seriously entertaining interview.
The poor guy's leg was shaking & he had no idea how to respond when the woman asked him..."How would your best friends describe you?" In response to his shyness, the woman was VERY talkative... and extremely boring. I laughed watching the guy fake an interested smile as the woman described every one of her mother's favorite recipes... (1- wtf?... 2- How the hell is that related to work?)
The man continued to nod his head and ungracefully laugh as the woman talked about her weekly drunken escapades around the city... (it was all very professional)... She went on to tell the dude about her bike ride last weekend, her sick grandma in Philadelphia and her bitchy roommate that ate all her low-fat Wheat Thins yesterday.
The entire situation made me realize that if an idiot like that could hold a job in this economy... I surely will have no problem getting hired after graduation! So morons: I beg you to keep on doing what you do best. Keep on making stupid comments so that newbies like me can steal your jobs in the near future... thanks much :)
No comments:
Post a Comment