Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Attack of the Devil Children!


The past 24 hours have been chock-full of adventure! I landed an amazing fall internship in New York City at a top-rated Magazine… I saw and talked to Beyonce coming out of a coffee shop in Dupont Circle… I bought roundtrip plane tickets to Rome for only $200… And most exciting/dramatic: I found out I’m pregnant!

OK… I hope that by now you realize where all of this is going… APRIL FOOLS! (None of the above statements are true)

I hate this Holiday… Who the hell invented “April Fools Day” anyway? My best April 1st memory was making creepy crawlers with THE Andrew Gerard Leister and hiding them stealthily around the house to traumatize our Mother. To our dismay… the jokes ended with long timeouts and no cookies in our school lunchboxes :(

The worst April Fools Day in the history of Leister April Fools took place sometime around 1995. The extended family had gathered at Grandma’s house for a mid-day brunch, (present at the meal were my crazy mischievous cousins)…One of us decided that it would be a good idea to play a little trick on Grandma and Papa… Already, BAD IDEA!

We snuck upstairs and started giggling to ourselves as we pulled all of their clothes out of their dressers and through them across the floor. We then took shampoo and baby powder and ran around the bedrooms sprinkling it across every piece of furniture. We even went so far as to put grandma’s bras in secret little hiding spots around the house… OH how clever we were!

WRONG! Our parents stepped in and ultimate groundings ensued… (after we spent hours cleaning up the mess)... It’s a great story to tell today, but at the time it was a definite P.L.D. (poor life decision)… ERGO: I am completely scarred from past April Fools. I have learned my lesson to only play tricks that don’t involve rubber spiders, sticky toiletries and grandma’s undergarments. Thank the Lord for verbal lies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment