Monday, April 27, 2009

The Ultimate FML


During my internship Saturday afternoon at the glorious PostSecret headquarters, all of the interns gathered around Frank's dining-room table and voted on secrets for his next best-selling book, (to be released this fall).

One of the secrets we voted on was... "Art is my religion." It was written on a cute little postcard that featured a picture of a cross made with newspaper clippings and watercolor paints. It was definitely touching, but wasn't, (in my opinion), worthy of PostSecret publication.

One of the rules that Frank laid out during the 1st intern meeting was that we had to be completely honest about our opinion of each secret. Even if everyone in the group disagreed with our judgment, we were REQUIRED to verbalize our true feelings about each postcard.

Being the rule-follower that I am, (and being the most opinionated loud-mouth ever), I was more than happy to share my feelings about the "Art is my religion" postcard...

"If this person thinks art is their religion, don't you think they'd be a little better at it?" I snidely remarked. "It looks like a 5 year-old made this."

WELL... Frank started cracking up. I thought it was because he liked my sense of humor. WRONG!

"Thanks, Hilary. That was my secret. I threw it into the pile this morning. Way to destroy my self-confidence."

Basically... I unknowingly dissed my boss, (the coolest boss ever), and made him question his ability to pursue his life passion. (oops!) I think you'll all agree with me when I say... FML!

No comments:

Post a Comment