Monday, March 30, 2009

Greek Season Premiere: Toga! Toga!


I've been waiting for this day since last October!

I'm buying some popcorn & dusting off the plasma screen for the season premiere of Greek, (currently- my favorite show), airing on ABC Family at 8:00pm this evening!

Because Grey's Anatomy & One Tree Hill have been quite disappointing this year, (they're lost causes), I'm putting lots of eggs into Greek's basket to revive my enthusiasm and respect for prime-time television. The show's first three seasons exceeded my expectations and I'm praying that the 4th season will be just as entertaining.

To sum-up Greek in a nutshell... It's a cute drama/romantic comedy that follows the adventures of the panhellenic system at Cyprus Rhodes University... (Don't bother googling the school, it doesn't exist)... The show focuses on real-life struggles facing today's college students, (dating, classes, roommates, money), while incorporating the ridiculous and hysterical culture of themed-parties, religious extremism, underage drinking and sheer collegiate embarrassment.

The show relates to most college-aged viewers because it takes the perspective of students from every stereotypical clique: There's the uber-Christian, the blossoming nerd, daddy's little princess, the gay jock, the lazy ladies' man, the hard-working beauty, the trust-fund frat-boy and a house full of party animals.

Tune in tonight to see if Max and Casey stay together and whether or not Frannie destroys the future of Zeta Beta Zeta.

(PS- If Friends was still on the air, I wouldn't have looked twice at this show. Joey Tribbiani... how I miss thee)

No comments:

Post a Comment