
I love to read. Me = bookworm... (But I'm very critical: I expect my books to be well-written, attention-grabbing and memorable)... The book that I am currently reading is called "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss. So far, (I'm on pg. 53), I am thoroughly enjoying it :)
I came across a quote on pg. 45 that took my breath away. OK, it didn't take my breath away, but it was pretty damn cute. Cute enough for me to feel that need to share it with all of you...
"The sculptor and painter Alberto Giacometti said that sometimes just to paint a head you have to give up the whole figure. To paint a leaf, you have to sacrifice the whole landscape. It might seem like you're limiting yourself at first, but after a while you realize that having a quarter-of-an-inch of something, you have a better chance of holding on to a certain feeling of the universe than if you pretended to be doing the whole sky."
I KNOW, RIGHT! You totally love it... (P.S. I was just informed that Zac Efron is hosting SNL this Saturday! I honestly haven't felt this excited since seeing HSM3 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment