
One thing I really enjoy doing is meeting new & interesting people...
Last night I was chilling in my car outside of the Deville palace, patiently waiting for my favorite rock-stars to return home from their incredible show... I was reading "The Al-Jazeera Effect" and snuggling with my car blanket when I saw two random dudes walk up to the palace steps.
My first impulse was to lock my doors and hide from the guys in case they were burglars or psychopaths... but instead I decided to be my friendly bubbly self and start a conversation…
“Hey, are you guys here for the Deville party?” I asked.
“Uhh, yeah, we are. Are you?” they responded.
“Yeah, they aren’t back yet though. You guys can wait in my car if you want. It’s kind of cold out here,” I kindly requested.
“Sure, thanks!”…
… and that’s how I met two new rockers: one seductively amazing guitarist and one Seattle-native with an enormous afro.
After some upbeat small talk about Al-Jazeera and Harry Potter, the guitarist asked me how I knew the members of Deville. I told him I was “friends” with Teddy, which he immediately understood to mean “special” friends. He then asked if I had been to many of their shows… “Of course,” I told him. “I go to as many as I can! I love watching them play”… and then he said something magical…
“Wow, it’s girls like you that make being a musician worthwhile. We can write our songs and stand on stage performing them for dozens or even hundreds of people who don’t really appreciate what we’re doing… but looking out into the crowd and seeing that one person who really knows you, who loves watching you play and really cares about you… It’s girls like you that inspire us.”
All I could say… “Please father my children!”
Ok, I didn’t say that. But still: the dude had charm! I highly, HIGHLY doubt that his theory is true for the majority of musicians. But honestly… WHO cares! I was completely flattered and touched by his philosophy. Was it bullshit? Probably… but it was very, VERY good bull shit.
umm... give me his number haha
ReplyDelete