Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank the Lord for Creating...



It has come to my attention that yesterday’s post had a very bitter tone. I want to apologize for my childish whining and unnecessary complaining. What doesn’t make sense is that I was actually in a pretty good when I wrote it! I guess my bitterness came from some deep repressed anger hidden in the depths of my sub-conscious.

To counteract yesterday’s Debbie-downer, today’s post will focus on the 10 things that I am most grateful for. I am a lucky, LUCKY lady and feel the need to thank the Lord for creating…

1) iPods: Once upon a time… the human race had to carry around compact discs and enormous un-shuffable contraptions to play them, (the contraptions even required batteries!)… There was no way to store your entire music library on a single 2x3” (inch) device… (Also: playlists were non-existent!)
2) Caffeine: What picks you up when you’re running on 4 hours of sleep? COFFEE… What gives you a second wind before a long night of partying? DIET COKE… The beauty of caffeine: It lifts us up where we belong :)
3) Makeup: All women are beautiful… (But let’s be honest: only a handful are “pretty”)… Makeup helps the less-fortunate ladies to hold their own in a sea of Venuses.
4) Comfortable mattresses: A plush, springy mattress that conforms to your body, relaxes your muscles and calms your soul can certainly make the difference between a night full of dreams or nightmares. Comfy, fluffy, feathery linens… OH how I love thee :)
5) F7 Thesaurus: As a journalist… a thesaurus is a handy/crucial tool! Instead of lugging around actual books, (old school), or looking-up words on the web, try this lovely little Microsoft Word trick… Hit “shift” and “F7” when the cursor is directly after your desired word. A window will immediately pop-up with all of your word’s synonyms and antonyms… Perfection!
6) Harry Potter: I don’t know where I’d be today without my favorite literary friend and his magical Hogwarts posse. The Harry Potter series is truly the best fictional saga of my generation. J.K. Rowling’s easy-to-read style invited me into the world of Hogwarts and let me experience adventures that only magic could offer… Wingardium Leviosa!
7) Alcohol: In NO way do I promote alcoholism or unhealthy addictions to mind-altering substances. I do, however, promote occasional partying and innocent loosey-goosey frolicking :)
8) Snow: Looking out your window and seeing a beautiful white blanket covering the earth… definitely one of God’s greatest gifts. Snow is pure, enchanting, refreshing and an ultimate mood-lifter during the cold winter months. Cherish your snow-days!
9) Family: Friends come and go, but family is forever! As Stitch once said… “Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind” (what a wise little Disney alien)... Love your family as much as you can. Give them lots of hugs… they’ll give you lots of presents!
10) Zac Efron: (Zachary David Alexander Efron)… My future husband, soul-mate, dreamboat, etc… What would I do without your beautiful blue eyes, your perfectly sculpted body and your incredible dance moves? Someday I will meet you... and we will have beautiful children together… THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment