Saturday, July 3, 2010

Total ECLIPSE of the Heart!


Hey, Strangers! How's it going? Working hard? Hardly working?... My summer's flying by quickly. I'm taking my final class as an undergrad, working part-time at my school gym, not getting tan, and embracing my inner-tween. A few weeks back I saw the Back Street Boys live in concert and shrieked with joy that my pre-pubescent fantasies were finally  fulfilled. Earlier this week, I went to see the latest installment of the Twilight series, Eclipse.

Not that I'm a fan or anything! I mean, PLEASE! That stuff is totally for 12 year-olds. Mythological creatures running around at the speed of light, falling in love, reciting horribly cheesy lines with their shirts off. What 22 year-old would enjoy that crap?

OK! OK! YOU CAUGHT ME! I'm totally a fan. I LOVE IT ALL! The movies are alright, but the books- fantastic! I don't know what it is about them that draws me in. I think it might be the awesome love stories, the impossibility of the plot, and the raging jealousy I have towards Bella Swan for having the coolest friends in the world! (Besides mine- of course- love you guys!)

On Tuesday night, me and two lovely ladies arrived at the movie theater at 6:00 pm and started tailgating. Yes- we tailgated the premiere, (see photo above). At 7:00 pm, we walked into the theater and took our seats to watch Twilight, the first film in the series. You see- being the fan that I am- I jumped on the opportunity this theater presented to watch Twilight, New Moon, AND Eclipse all in one night for just $15. One hundred hardcore Twilight girls, (and about 15 miserable guys), all in the same theater watching vampires and werewolves for 8 hours... CLASSIC!

To top it of, the theater handed out free "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" bracelets upon purchasing tickets and encouraged the different groups to sit on opposite side of the theater. How funny is that!? I may or may not have asked every person in the theater what team they were on and handed out high-fives or evil glares accordingly. Don't worry about it...

The next film, the first half of Breaking Dawn, is coming out sometime next year. I'm so excited! In the mean time, I'll just have to count down the days till the release of Harry Potter 7, (this November)... Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment