Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Festivities! (not mine, sadly... only 3.5 more months!)

This past weekend was Brian's 24th birthday... WOOO!!

We started the celebration early Friday night by going out to dinner with his mom, dad, brother, & brother's girlfriend at a Thai restaurant in Bethesda. It was a very authentic little place- lots of animal figurines and other classy decorations all over the room. What made it especially awesome was the fact that it was 105 degrees outside and I was sweating profusely the entire night. Always a plus!

On his actual birthday, (Saturday), I went to work. HAHA, yes- this is sadly true, I'm a horrible girlfriend. But then after work I took him to Chipotle and into DC to a museum... which I had to go to for class... again, horrible girlfriend. For his birthday dinner, we went to a restaurant in Reston called "Passion Fish," (best name ever), drunk some wine and dined on delicious food. We then went back to his place and I made him dessert, (chocolate pudding garnished with Swedish fish... long story...), and gave him his PRESENTS!!

One of the gifts I got him was a manly L.L. Bean toiletry case. He travels a lot for his job and always throws his toothbrush & such in old Pepperidge Farm or Ziploc bags, so I wanted to upgrade him to less disposable carry-ons. I also bought him a ROADid bracelet b/c he's running a 10k this October and wanted him to be properly identified in case he got hit by an idiot driver or mauled by a bear or something. I also got his band's website engraved on the bracelet so they could get free promotion if he was knocked unconscious somehow. As I said earlier, I'm a great girlfriend! I got my man's safety in mind :)

Happy Birthday, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment