Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yertle, Crush & Franklin: Ode to the Turtles!

I LOVE animals... they are so beautiful, innocent, precious and often times soft and fluffy :)

My favorite animal is the turtle. When I was little, I used to collect little turtle figurines. They are currently tucked away in 2 decorated shoe-boxes at my parents' house...

NOW: The reason I love turtles so much is because of a story someone VERY special told me one year at summer camp. Mary Laurel Burt, the best counselor EVER, told me how she went on a boat as a little girl and watched in wonder as hundred of turtles crawled onto the beach of the Galapagos islands, laid their eggs and gracefully swam back into the ocean. (I actually ended up writing a college essay about this...)

Turtles aren't soft and fluffy, but they are wise, graceful and cute in their own special way. Each turtle is so unique, from the design on their shell to their fluid motions through the water.

Turtles are funny, too! Especially when they stretch their long necks in an attempt to eat...


And who ever said that turtles didn't know how to have fun...


Whether they're real or just cartoons... turtles are radical dudes who will always watch your back... or your shell...

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww... I love turtles too, they are so cute. Brian and I went kayaking last month and saw them swimming along side of us in the water. Cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the coolest thing EVER! I probably would have captured them and brought them home :)

    I was in NYC last month and almost bought a baby turtle in China Town, but then decided it would probably die the next day of salmonella and didn't want to feel that pain haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love turtles too! Haha, you have turtle porn here ^0^;

    ReplyDelete