Thursday, August 27, 2009

How To Get Free Peaches


I took a trip to Chinatown today w/ my friend, Van-Lou, to buy camera supplies for our photography class... $350 later, the both of us spotted a cute farmer's market down the road. After squealing with excitement, we ran over to see what the area's local farmers had to offer...

The market smelled fantastic... Fruit, vegetables, flowers, buffalo, CHEESE, bread, pastries and soap ALL filled the air :) ... Van-Lou and I both bought some killer cheese, (after taking 10+ free samples), and then decided to browse through the fruit stands.

Then, I saw them... giant, ENORMOUS yellow peaches that were calling out to me. I started to salivate and subtly leaned closer to the peaches so I could catch a gust of their sugary scent. I was in love, I NEEDED those mammoth peaches!

WELL... It was then that a slightly psychotic female farmer came up to me and started raving about my shirt. It was a shirt from Thailand that Brian gave me, (ok... I kind of stole it from Brian), so it's very special to me and is OH so comfortable :)

The slightly psychotic farmer said that she HAD to have my shirt. Things got creepy when she offered me a free crate of peaches if I gave her the shirt off my back... OK: 1) That's effing creepy... 2) No way, this way Brian's shirt!... 3) I couldn't just walk around in my bra, could I?... 4) Those peaches smelled SOOOOOO good!

I told the farmer that I couldn't give her my shirt. I think she took that as a challenge because she upped her price. She offered me TWO crates of juicy, delicious peaches if I gave her Brian's shirt! (This was probably about 50-100 fruits)...

I thought about Brian, I thought about the shirt- about how comfortable it was and how special I felt in it... I thought about all these things while the smell of peaches flooded my thoughts... It was torture!

BUT: in the end... I realized that nothing was going to separate me from Brian's amazing Thailand top... the peaches FAILED, and I proudly walked away with no one staring at my bra...

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment