
Well, folks... classes have started and I'm taking a manageable senior-year course-load of 12 credits, (4 classes), including... 1) Basic Photography, 2) Computer Literacy for Design, 3) Feature Article Writing, & 4) Advertising/Brand Promotion...
For my feature article writing class, (taught by a professor who has been on OPRAH twice!), I have to write a story that spins off of something being covered in the news. Naturally, the first place I turned was my entertainment bible, People Magazine :)
My first idea is to write a story on WHY Jon & Kate's divorce has flooded news wires. Putting aside the obvious reasons, (a lovable reality show, 8 crazy little-ones & Jon's ultimate mid-life crisis), why are we STILL reading about these people? What would we be reading about if they have never divorced? Do Americans even know what other celebrity couples called it quits this summer?... The headline could be: "Jon & Kate: America's Ultimate Love-Hate"...

Loyal readers... Do any of you have clever ideas on news-stories that I could write a feature spin-off on? Maybe a topic that DOESN'T involve celebrity-gossip and entertainment buzz? Any ideas you can contribute would be greatly appreciated :)
So true. Everyone loves to read about them splitting up. I have ever even watched the show once, but I know all about who they are from seeing the magazine covers at the grocery store check out. They are everywhere!!!
ReplyDelete