Saturday, August 8, 2009

Songs for the Road


I randomly found an abandoned CD the other day, (see image), safely tucked into a plastic white case, (again: see image)...

I had NO idea who made the CD, and NO idea who it was for. BUT, being the curious little lady I am, I picked up the disc and took it home to test out the songs...

It was jam-packed with artists I'd never heard of. I spent a lovely afternoon typing lyrics into Google trying to figure out who was singing these unique melodies, (BTW- I loved the music!) Here are the songs that I saved and imported into my iTunes:

1) Raised by Wolves (Voxtrot)
2) I'll Believe in Anything (Wolf Parade)
3) Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse (Minus the Bear)
4) New Monster Avenue (The Mountain Goats)
5) La Costa Brava (Ted Leo and the Pharmacists)
6) Sea Ghost (The Unicorns)
7) Bad Education (Tilly and the Wall)
8) Hang Me Up To Dry (Cold War Kids)
9) Smiley Faces (Gnarls Barkley)
10) That Time (Regina Spektor)
11) Comfy in Nautica (Panda Bear)
12) They are Night Zombies! (Sufjan Stevens)
13) I'm Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon to Your Star (The Boys Least Likely To)
14) Sea King (Eisley)

I highly recommend downloading some of these songs if you're looking to broaden your musical library! Like the CD says, the tunes are perfect "Songs for the Road"...

1 comment: