Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all you crazy moms out there! Where would we be without you? (Literally)

For Mother's Day, I wrote my mom a song. It pretty much kicks ass. I played it for her this morning on my guitar while we enjoyed breakfast together on the porch. Here are the sensational lyrics...

Friends can give advice. It usually isn't very smart.
But when mom says something, You know it's coming from her heart.

Her wisdom has opened my eyes to a world where I will never be a sucker.
She told me to have sex before marriage to avoid a lifetime with a bad... YEAH!

Mom likes renovation; New hardwood floors and gutted bathrooms.
She threatened to kill me, If I sing "O Come Emmanuel" at her tomb.

She taught me how to broil food and how to play my cards right.
She picks me up when I am sad to help me sleep all through the night... NIIIGHTT!

She gives me hugs and kisses, And makes me want to forever stay.
That's why I wrote this song, To wish her a wonderful Happy Mother's Day!


Basically... she loved it! (Sure, she winced and snickered a bit, but...) She gave me a big hug and kiss afterward. Happy Mother's Day Momma Leister!

1 comment: