Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Hangover! (Dude's Graduation)


It's about 2:00 am... I went to bed at 10:30 but woke up because of a stupid decision to eat a pack of M&M's at 10:00, (Side Note: chocolate has caffeine).

I have successfully made it through the brother's graduation weekend! (Minus the drive home later this morning)... For the past 3 days I have embraced the gifts of the wine gods to calm my mind and tune-out any unwanted family events/conversations. I was able to celebrate the accomplishments of my honors-everything "magna sum laude" sibling and was generous enough to lend him the spotlight for the weekend.

On Friday morning, Moomsical & Faji (Mom & Dad) sat me down for a serious conversation... "Now Hilsey, you know that this is ANDREW's weekend, right!? We know you like to be the center of attention, but try to let HIM shine for the next few days. Don't be a little brat and steal his thunder... Or we're cutting you off financially. Thanks, sweetheart!"

I can not lie... It was a challenge... But I think I behaved well and gracefully hid in the shadows during Andrew's "spotlight moments"... BUT: Now that the festivities are over, I can move back into the spotlight... the place I feel most comfortable :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha oh darling. I know how you feel - I've got a rockstar for a brother, and any time we visit him it's alllll about Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cat with photos
    very funny
    and make you want to touch
    he cat yours?
    I also like the same cat
    have 3 cats at home
    Happy to know you
    Im Kiran from indonesia

    ReplyDelete