Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good vs. Bad Etsy Geekery

Since the holiday season is approaching, I think it's time again to do a little run-down of some GOOD vs. BAD geekery featured on one of my favorite websites, Etsy.com ... 

Good Geekery


1) Monet Kindle Cover... Not only is this Kindle cover super stylish, it protects your portable reading device from spilled liquids, sand, and crumbs! Qui!


2) Twilight Charm Bracelet... A replica of the bracelet Jacob made for Bella in Eclipse, this piece is a subtle way to show your Twilight obsession to the world, because only those who've read and loved the books will understand it! (Everyone else will just think you like wolves).


3) Harry Potter Toilet Decal... In the 7th Harry Potter book, Harry & his pals had to flush themselves down porcelain thrones in order to break into the Ministry of Magic. Putting this on your toilet seat at home would not only be hilarious, but an excellent conversation starter!


4) Pracing Pony T-shirt... A reference to an inn visited by our hobbit friends in LOTR, how cute is this t-shirt!? Completely nerdy, of course, yet impressively subtle and stylish.


Bad Geekery:


1) Ugly Mermaid Doll: If you were a 10 year-old girl and got this doll in your stocking, would you scream and fear Santa for the rest of your life? I certainly would! Not only is this freaky mermaid rocking saggy boobs uncovered by sea-shells, she also appears not to have a face.


2) Knitted Twilight Dolls: First of all, these dolls look nothing like the Twilight characters. Second, they don't have mouths, which they need for inhaling food & blood. And third, they are missing hands and feet.


3) "Daddy's lil Hunting Buddy" Onesie... Not only am I against hunting, but I am against baby's hunting. I am also against baby hunting. Baby's holding guns... not cute! Baby's shooting baby animals.... DISTURBING!


4) "Pope Eating Babies" Magnet... I'm sorry, but I must have missed the news story about the Pope eating babies. Sure, the current Pope may be a little scary looking... but baby eating? Good LORD, hide your children!

Note to Readers: The artists on Etsy.com work incredibly hard to craft their products. The above written criticisms are my own snobby opinions and are not meant to put-down any Etsy artists.

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment