Some of my fondest memories as a child involve going to the birthday parties of friends w/ February birthdays. The party decorations always included lots of pinks, reds and purples and were a welcome celebration and escape from thinking about the cold weather. A tea party I attended yesterday reminded me of the happiness that February parties can bring.
In honor of my mom's big 6-0 my aunt Amie and cousins Kate & Emma through her a traditional English High Tea. (They lived in London for several years so they're experts when it comes to true British tea parties).
There were scones, petite fours, macarons, cucumber sandwiches, egg-salad sandwiches, fruit salad and lots of tea! We talked in British accents and made the birthday queen wear a crown the whole afternoon. (She actually forgot to take it off afterward and ended up wearing it until dinner).
I told Amie that she had to throw another tea party for my birthday this year. (I want that crown. It's MINE. MUAHAHA!) It was a tea-rrific celebration :)






No comments:
Post a Comment