Sunday, February 9, 2014

FeBREWary: A Winter Beer Tasting


Being an educated beer-geek certainly has its perks. For example, friends may ask you to lead a beer tasting party and educate their guests on all things brew-related. To celebrate the birthday of my friend's husband, I lead a beer-tasting party last night filled with LOTs and LOTs of tasting craft beers!


Traci is the hostess with the most-est and bought 13 different beers for us to sample and critique, (per my expert recommendations). Each beer was served with a different food pairing, (which she cooked and served herself), and each guest received a Crate & Barrel flight sampler set as a favor. In our digital age of Facebook events, Traci took the time to create actual paper invitations and mailed them out to all their friends. She also created tasting sheets for guests to write notes & rankings based on which beers they liked the most.



Here are the tasty craft beer offerings we sampled...

Hefeweizen:
Hofbrau Hefe Weizen
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier

Pilsner:
Dogfish Head Piercing Pils
Brooklyn Pilsner
Lost Rhino Chaser Pacific Pilsner
Martens Pilsener

IPA/Double IPA:
Redhook Longhammer IPA
Stone IPA
Flying Dog Double Dog IPA

American Porter:
Port City Porter

American Stout:
Samuel Smith's Chocolate Stout
Dominion Oak Barrel Stout

American Barley Wine: (That pretended to be a Brown Ale)
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron


I've decided that I should start a business and begin hosting these events for money. I'll charge a flat fee for my time, expertise and preparations + the cost of all the beer and supplies purchased. I am now accepting possible names for my company. Just a couple of names off the top of my head: "Brews w/ Hills"... "Beer Class w/ a Hot Lass"... "Beer Leister Brew Meister." This is going to be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment