Last night I had the unique pleasure of spending the evening with my 6 year-old cousin, Kate!
I picked Kate up from her house around 6:00pm, strapped her booster seat into my back-seat, and we were off to the mall to grab some dinner! I took her to Chipotle, a favorite of mine, where she proceeded to order one chicken taco with cheese, a side of steak, and 2 chocolate milks. Halfway through dinner Kate decided to have a costume change. She pulled out her handy-dandy purse and put on all new jewelry. She also put on about five layers of blush, half of which made it into her hair.
After dinner we were walking towards Cold Stone to get some ice-cream when we passed the little train that rides around the food court & movie theater. Of course, we had to ride it! So I dished out $5.00 for a four-minute train ride... (which I have to admit, was AWESOME!)
At Cold Stone, Kate ordered blue cotton-candy ice-cream with Reeses peanut-butter cups mixed in. She said it was delicious, but I was too scared to try it. We then went home to say hi to my parents & wipe half the ice-cream off Kate's face, (the other half landed on the back seat of my car). We took my dog on a quick little walk & discussed inch worms playing soccer, the fact that her brothers had small feet, the moon being full only at midnight, and Cookie Monster's new friend, Veggie Monster!
After our walk we put together about nine kiddie puzzles and built this awesome house out of Duplos. When we played with the house, I got to be the voices of the shark and alligator. Good times, people!
When it was finally time to take Kate home, she showed me every book in her room and gave me some Scooby-Doo gummy snacks to eat on my drive home. She also told me I should call my mom so she would know I was on my way back. (Thanks for looking out for me, Kate!)




No comments:
Post a Comment