Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer (Pros & Cons)

Due to the 95+ degree weather this past week, I think it's clear that summer has finally made its way to the DC area. With the dawning of the summer season comes many exciting and wonderful things! (As well as some seriously awful and disappointing things). The following is my personal list of the pros & cons of the summer season:

Summer PROS:

1) Extra long days: (The sun is up at 6:30am when I wake-up for work and doesn't set until almost 9:00pm. Gotta love that extra sunshine)...

2) Pink lemonade: (The greatest drink ever invented! Besides chocolate soymilk, of course)...

3) Corn-on-the-cob & Watermelon: (NOM NOM NOM!)

4) Trips to the Beach: (The beach is my favorite place on the planet! Yes, it may just trump Disney World. I freaking love the beach with the sand and the shells and the salt-water and even the selfish pooping seagulls!)

5) Fireworks: (OOOO, so pretty & shiny!)...

6) Outdoor Exercise: (It's nice not to be cooped inside riding a treadmill or elliptical like a freaking hamster. The great outdoors is calling to me & my running shoes!)...

7) The end to allergy season: (Spring sucks because of all the pollen & ragweed. Now that it's summer, I can finally breathe again & my nostrils are happy campers!)...


Summer CONS:

1) Excessive heat/humidity: (My fragile, temperate-sensitive body simply wilts in the heat. It also sucks walking into work all sweaty after lunch... gross!)

2) Baseball Season: (I don't care if it's the "Great American Past-time." Baseball is BORING and a lame excuse for dudes with no endurance to call themselves athletes)...

3) Kids out of School: (Watching kids play outside from my office window is extremely depressing. It just reminds me that I'm an adult now and am not allowed to have fun)...


But despite the few cons, summer really is a wonderful time. So get off your couch & go play some base... I mean, go enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment