Saturday, February 5, 2011

Adulthood

Have you ever had one of those... "Oh my God, I'm getting old!" moments?

Earlier this week, I found out that one of my closest childhood friends is pregnant. It seems like only yesterday that she and I were devouring cheese doodles at sleepover parties, having picnics in a big field in our neighborhood, and... (God help us), tying a bed-sheet around my waist and belaying me down the side of her beach house! (I had an interesting childhood).

I guess my point is... Where did all the time go? High School was a complete blur, (possibly due to my repressing most of it). College absolutely flew by! (Maybe I drank too much?)... And NOW: I find myself with a full time job, too tired to party on weekends, pregnant friends, engaged acquaintances, car problems, and bills to pay!

I lay in bed the other night pondering these occurrences and came to a bright conclusion... Change is inevitable. It's also exciting, nerve-wracking, and downright scary. BUT- it often provides excellent opportunities to chit-chat and throw parties! ERGO: We should all embrace the new and unavoidable happenings in life with positivity, but still hold on to the things that make us happy. (I say this as an excuse to listen to Harry Potter books on tape forever).

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment