Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Snow, We're DONE!

Last night was, quite possibly, one of the scariest experiences of my life. In 4.5 hours it snowed 8 inches in the Washington, DC area. During those hours, I was stuck on the Beltway in a zombie apocalyptic nightmare! 


The entire beltway was a car graveyard. There were flashing lights everywhere, ambulances that couldn't get through, trees down, wires in the roads, and cold wet white stuff piled high everywhere. They should really make a video game called "Thundersnow" where you have to dodge all the broken-down cars on the highway while trying to prevent your vehicle from spinning out. If you can get home without running out of gas or hitting a road divider, you win!

Before last night, I used to love snow. I would watch it falling from my window and immediately start smiling with thoughts of warm cocoa and snow angels! Now, however, I would like to leave a flaming bag of poo on snow's doorstep. Due to our recent falling out, I've written snow a poem that I'd like to share with you all...

Breaking up with Snow

I've always spent my winter days awaiting your arrival
In all that time you've never, never, EVER let me down
But now I see, that all that time, I was really in denial
Cause you're really just a menace that wreaks havoc on the town!

The snowmen I used to build left imprints on my heart
Your beautiful whiteness always made me warm and jolly inside
But I must say now, my cold white friend, that we need some time apart
Your true self was revealed last night during my horrible, treacherous ride!

You're a savior to the children when they find out there's no school
You're also fun to clump in balls and throw at friends and mates
But you're a dangerous, hazardous, and destructive little fool
And that is you must now find another girl to date!

1 comment:

  1. I've never experienced that bad side of snow. The two time is has snowed in Houston, it's been just enough for some nice ground covering and to make a snowman, and then it all melts away. Short and sweet. But I feel bad for all you guys who get stuck from getting places because of it. That's the side of snow that I never want to see.

    ReplyDelete