Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Rum Couscous Cake

Because I was getting a little tired of eating nothing but hummus, peanut butter and soy milk, I bought a new cookbook a few weeks ago called "Vegan Planet"... It's an excellent cookbook with several delicious dishes. (NOTE: The only reason I think it's excellent is because I can actually consume all of its recipes)...

A few days ago, I went ahead and baked one of the recipes from the dessert section. I picked the dessert because I liked everything about its name: "Pumpkin Rum Couscous Cake"... 1) Pumpkin, 2) Rum, 3) Couscous... How could this thing NOT be delicious?

So I did a Whole Foods run to buy the "exotic" ingredients and made the cake. Basically... it tastes like applesauce on steroids...



I was expecting more of a pumpkin-pie dish, but the "cake" tastes like rice-pudding hit by a meteor of Fall spices and flavors. So I guess it's alright. It's better than the grape-cantaloupe smoothie my mom made me when I got my braces on in 4th grade. (She had to bribe me with Beanie Babies to get me to eat it)...

In other news, I'm being Curious George for Halloween! (Sexy Curious George, that is)... and Brian's being the Man in the Yellow Hat! (Pimped-out Man in the Yellow Hat, of course)... Here's the dress I'm wearing...

I know, I know... Monkey's aren't supposed to have leopard skin! (Details, people, details).... It'll look HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment