I went out to lunch today at an AWESOME little place in Dupont Circle called "Teaism" w/ my buddy Luna. The place serves a variety of Asian food and is also a tea house.... Asian Food + Tea = Pure Magic!... I had my first ever Bento Box and my own mini-teapot and cup. It was fabulous, here's a picture...
When I got home, I was still super excited about my "Teaism" experience so I went online to shop for my own personal Bento Box and mini Asian teapot. Of course, the first place I looked was Etsy.com. As usual, I got distracted and found a variety of interesting things that I would like to categorize for you now into the categorizes of "Good Geekery" and "Bad Geekery"...
BAD GEEKERY:
An anatomical crocheted eye-ball... WTF? I would not feel safe with that thing in my house just sitting there, looking at me.
Pins of animals with mustaches... Why would anyone sport a pin that featured an owl or bunny with a mustache? Animals are cutest when they're babies, not pedophiles.
Fleece Squid Hat.... NOT OK!
GOOD GEEKERY:
Radish earrings, (exactly like those worn by Luna from Harry Potter!) Anything created with the intention to make the world of Harry Potter a reality is OK by me!
"I Love Apple Pie" stickers for a MacBook. Whoever thought of this is clever and awesome and I love them. I also love apple pie.
"Waffle Mousepad"... Amazing! I am a huge fun of fun mousepads. This one makes me feel all warm inside and makes me want to go hibernate in a log cabin with lots of maple syrup. MMMM...
I hope you enjoyed your lesson in "Good" vs. "Bad" Etsy.com geekery. As always, thanks for stopping by Life's A Musical!






Bahahaha, I love this! I needed this lesson - I definitely have some bad geekery in among my good, hahahaha.
ReplyDelete