
There are so many things I could write about this morning as I sit in my 3-star hotel room in the middle of Campo de Fiori in Rome...
Here's the most important update: This is day #8 of having the stomach flu ruin my Roman experience. I've been stuck in bed in my un-air conditioned apartment, suffering alone and feeling like absolute death. I've had a fever, hot and cold chills and sweats, massive body aches, massive headaches, dizzy spells, weakness, exhaustion, nausea, etc. etc.
To make a long story short... I checked into the hospital yesterday to get treated. I couldn't stay hydrated and knew that it was time for serious medical attention. I got IVs stuck into my arms and tested for multiple diseases. Turns out it was definitely the stomach flu, but with severe inflammation in my intestines and abdominal murmurs... due to stress...
ERGO: Rome is ending early. I convinced Moomsical and Faji to let me come home so that they can pamper my sick little body from the comfort of our red-leather couch in our air-conditioned living room. America, I'm coming home!
No comments:
Post a Comment