I haven't posted anything in 11 days. That's entirely UNACCEPTABLE! (Except for the fact that I'm in Italy and have better things to do then sit at the computer all day... that's right, be jealous!) Allow me to highlight as much as I can about what has happened in the past 11 days in the beautiful Italia...
1) I visited Tuscany last Sunday! A double-decker charter bus took me and some other JCUers to the charming little towns of Pienza and Montepulciano. Two days before arriving in Montepulciano, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart had been there filming scenes for "New Moon!" I got to see where the movie was filmed and took tons of pictures of the set. I can't wait to see the movie in November!
We also had a wine tasting in Montepulciano and a 5-course dinner at a cute little Tuscan restaurant. I'll say this much... dessert wine should not be taken as shots... and red wine spritzers are a horrible idea!
2) Courtney, (practically my wife over here), and I took a 3-day trip to Florence together earlier this week. We stayed in a fabulous hostel right in the middle of the city. I dragged her around to the Duomo, it's Baptistry, the Uffizi Gallery, the Palazzo Pitti, the Guardino di Boboli, San Marco Church, San Lorenzo Church, Santa Maria Novella Church, the Academia with the David statue, Ponte Vecchio and Orsan Michelle Church. What a lovely trip!
3) My "class" over here, digital photography, is an absolute joke. For 4 hours on Tuesday and Thursday morning, I listen to a Mr. Bean look-alike try to speak English while dragging the class around Rome, taking pictures of absolutely nothing. (At least I don't have any midterms or finals, but honestly... the class is a complete waste of time). The first class consisted of me teaching everyone how to blog since the incompetent teacher had no idea how to do it... Yet he requires all of the students to do it weekly... MORON!
4) I'm honestly kind of scared to "go out" at night here and party in the Italian bars and clubs. It took me over a year to feel comfortable partying in DC, and I'm only over here for 6 weeks! Italian men have about twice as much testosterone as American men. If I hear one more "Ciao Bella," I might have to cry haha. My roommate Frenchie actually found herself an Italian lover who takes her around on his vespa and invited her over the other night to meet his parents and eat his mother's duck. He showed up outside our window last night with an empty keg... shouting her name... I just laughed :)
That's all for now friends. I have to go meet Mr. Bean outside the Colosseum. He's teaching us how to take "sneaky" pictures today without people knowing we're snapping. Hopefully, he'll use the word "changement" again... CIAO!
No comments:
Post a Comment