To be honest, I'm a little nervous about entering a new decade. Mostly because I feel old. Old as the tomato Mr. Handsome bought and never ate that's rotting in our refrigerator. (She types while pulling out a gray hair).
A dear friend of mine was born one day before me, and she is embracing 30 with full force. Ergo, I'm going to take a page of out her book and write a post about being grateful for what I accomplished in my 20's, and a list of goals and what I'm most looking forward to about my 30's!
My 20's (2007 - 2017) - Accomplishments
- I both started and graduated from college
- I met, fell in love with, and married Mr. Handsome
- I traveled to fantastic places like Ireland, London, Paris, Seattle, Austin, Toronto, Charleston, New Orleans, Chicago, San Francisco and Harry Potter World, (just to name a few)
- I adopted a dog
- I've volunteered for 4+ years at a nearby animal shelter
- I've worked at two different full-time jobs and started developing my career
- I passed both my CBS Cicerone Exam and my Introductory Sommelier Exam
- I've read dozens and dozens of wonderful books
- I ran two full marathons and at least a dozen half-marathons
- I bought a condo
My 30's (2017 - 2027) - Goals
- I would love to finish writing a book and get it published, either by self-publishing it online or getting a book deal with a publisher
- I would like to try to start a family with Mr. Handsome - MAKING BABIES!
- I would like to get my finances in order and start saving for retirement
- I would like to upgrade my wardrobe and develop a better fashion sense
- I would like to continue eating healthy and taking care of my body
- I would like to run at least one more full marathon
- I would like to read more. So many books, so little time!
- I would like to continue my wanderlust and take many, many more trips and vacations
- I would like to make an official will, heaven forbid!
- I would like to continue having cooking adventures and discovering new recipes.
- I would like to continue developing relationships with my friends and family, treat them well and treasure the time we spend together
As many wise men and women have said before... Cheers to 30!
No comments:
Post a Comment