Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year! #2016

Happy New Year, loyal readers! 2105 was definitely an amazing year. I got engaged, bought a condo, went on 19 (yes, 19) crazy trips and vacations, and managed to increase my alcohol tolerance to college-level status. It's been quite an adventure!

Per tradition, I'd like to post today about several year-end topics.... 1) My personal 2016 IN/OUT List, 2) 2016 New Years Resolutions, 3) Books I read in 2015...

My Personal 2016 IN/OUT List

Out: Cozying up by the fire with cocoa
In: Holidays in shorts with margaritas

In DC this Christmas, the average temperature was 70 degrees. No coats, no mittens, no problems! I went for an 18-mile bike ride with Mr. Handsome in shorts and a t-shirt. May the warm weather continue into the new year! #ElNino #GlobalWarmingLove


Out: NOT carrying my favorite illy coffee beverage
In: Stocking my illy drink like milk and toilet paper before a blizzard!

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed that my favorite bottled coffee beverage has been out of stock at most convenience store locations. In 2016 I expect this sugary, yet not overly-caloric beverage to be on every shelf at every store! 


Out: Spandex
In: Fashionable Sweat Pants

Lounge spandex, (with the exception of some funky-patterned designs), are fading out. BUT, here's the thing... I bought 10+ pairs of spandex over the last 2-3 years. Unfortunately for my wardrobe, I'm going to continue wearing my spandex until they split from overuse. ERGO, I'll buy one pair of fashionable sweat pants to wear to the grocery store. But 90% of the time... I'm still rocking the spandex.

Out: Nerdy Hipsters
In: Grungy Hipsters

Large glasses, neon colors, and excessive iPod use are SO out. In their place, expect grungy hipsters who don't shower, listen to much darker rock music, wear lots of black clothing, rock the dreadlocks, and grow even larger, unkempt brewer's beards. #GROSS

Out: “Netflix and Chill”
In: Netflix socks that turn off your show when you fall asleep

We all know the 2015 fad dubbed "Netflix and Chill" (AKA- "Netflix and BANG"). That's great and all, but check out the cool new Netflix socks that pause your show when you fall asleep! Technology, you are beautiful. Read about the socks HERE


Out: Spending lots of money eating out at restaurants
In: Cooking at home like a boss

An average dinner at a moderately-priced restaurant will cost $40 dollars. That's almost as much as I spend on groceries each week. What a TOTAL waste of money. Which brings me to the next section of today's post...

2106 New Year's Resolutions

In 2015, my New Year's resolutions were to... 1) Complete a dietary cleanse, 2) Whiten my teeth, 3) Open and use my Crockpot...

1) I "sort of" completed a dietary cleanse this year. The goal was to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables for 7 days. I ate nothing but fruits for 3 hours. Cleanses are stupid.

2) I DID buy Target brand white strips and used them for a week to whiten my teeth! Next time, (before the wedding), I'm splurging on name brand strips for extra whiteness.

3) I finally used my Crockpot 2 days ago! #LastMinuteSuccess... Check out the amazing chicken tacos I made using our Crockpot...


In 2016, my one resolution is to cook more often. I'm going to try to make amazing meals like the chicken tacos above, and the skinny shrimp scampi I made tonight... #NYE #NOM


2015 Books

In 2014 I successfully read 24 books. My goal for 2015 was to read even MORE books. I fell short due to the fact that I was way too busy. I read a total of 19 books in 2015. In 2016, I'm going to try and beat 24 again! #BookWorm... Here's a list of the books I read in 2015. My top three favorites are bolded and starred*

BOOKAUTHOR
Windows On The World Complete Wine CourseKevin Zraly
Game of Thrones Book #5George R R Martin
Chasing Harry WinstonLauren Weisberger
Born to RunChristopher McDougall
The English PatientMichael Ondaatje
The Queen of SubtletiesSuzannah Dunn
Family PicturesJane Green
The Art of American WhiskeyNoah Rothbaum
A Bend in the RoadNicholas Sparks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta LacksRebecca Skloot
The Winter People*Jennifer McMahon
The United States of Craft BeerJess Lebow
Left BankKate Muir
An Abundance of Katherines*John Green
The One and OnlyEmily Giffin
Me and Mr. DarcyAlexandra Potter
The Elements of StyleWendy Wasserstein
One SummerDavid Baldacci
The Kitchen House*Kathleen Grissom

Overall, 2015 was an incredible year! I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring.


























No comments:

Post a Comment