Sunday, October 11, 2015

Planes, Tutus, Condos & Pumpkins

Hello, Loyal Readers! It's been a very, very busy couple of weeks here in Hilary-ville. Since last blogging, I've taken four big trips, moved to a new home, ran a half marathon, hosted a Bridal Shower, and consumed a great deal of wine in the process...

Trip #1: Kentucky! One of my beverage partners at work invited me down to Louisville, KY to "hike" the bourbon trail. I visited the factories of Jim Beam, ABM and Makers Mark and got to taste and take home some amazing bourbons!



Trip #2: Charleston! Mr. Handsome and I flew down to Charleston, SC for the wedding of his childhood friend and his lovely new wife. It was a sunrise wedding, so we had the pleasure of waking up at 3:30am on a Saturday! #AfternoonNap... We also got to dine at some GREAT Charleston restaurants and drank some tasty brews at Holy City Brewing.




Trip #3: Chicago! Work asked me to take a quick trip to Chicago to help with the photo shoot for our next big food promotion... Skillet Cookies! If my fall allergies weren't so bad, I may have been able to smell all of the delicious baked goods. I love Chicago. It reminds me of a miniature NYC, but with more wind and unhealthier food. #NOM

Trip #4: Me, my mother, and my aunt Amie packed the car hillbilly style w/ pumpkins and mums to drive to NJ and host a "Fall in Love" themed bridal shower for my cousin, Kitty. I'm the maid of honor in her wedding November 7th in Redbank, NJ. (Expect a fun little blog post about my MOH speech in a few weeks)... The shower was a success. Everyone loved their baby pumpkin favors!



1/2 Marathon: I ran the Diva's Half Marathon at Tarara Winery a couple weeks ago out in Leesburg, VA. Despite being exhausted and slightly out of shape, I busted out a PR of 1:49:22! Average mile pace was 8:22. I credit the sugary illy coffee I drank before the race. And I would like to thank the race coordinators for the sweet tiara, tiara-shaped medal, pink tutu, and pink boa.


New Home: Mr. Handsome and I finally bought a place! We moved from Arlington (Courthouse) to Arlington (Shirlington). So far, we LOVE the place! We painted the walls different shades of gray, bought some amazing new rugs, and are loving the hardwood floor situation. #HomeOwners

May October be slightly less busy, but just as adventurous! This afternoon, I'm headed to a rocking and rolling beer festival in Shirlington Village. PROST!

No comments:

Post a Comment