Happy three-day weekend, loyal readers! I just love random holidays that provide us with extra days off work. This 4th of July was pretty fantastic. I left work early on Thursday and read all 446 pages of the new Sophie Kinsella book. (No one can accuse me of not being dedicated).
On Friday Mr. Handsome and I woke up early and ran a HALF MARATHON together. We have officially dubbed it the "Baby, You're A Firework Half Marathon." After finishing, we went to Brooklyn Bagel and bought our official race trophies, (AKA- bagels). We spent the rest of the day watching the World Cup, eating delicious gnocchi dishes, and viewing the fireworks with friends.
On Saturday I picked up Mama Leister in McLean and we drove out to Middleburg, VA to get our drink on! We had lunch at a random lobster truck on the side of the road, (which luckily sold one of the best lobster rolls I've ever had). We then headed to Chrysalis Vineyards for a lovely wine tasting of some local Viognier and Norton wines. We ran into an ADORABLE dachshund puppy and then spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at the cute stores in downtown Middleburg.
I hope you all had a fabulous holiday!















No comments:
Post a Comment