I've had a lot of adventures the past few weeks to celebrate my big 2-6. I've also had a lot of adventures just to have adventures & not be boring. Here are some of the things I've been up to...
On my actual birthday I made Healthy Birthday Pancakes for breakfast! (Multigrain pancakes topped with vanilla Greek yogurt, banana slices, agave nectar & SPIRINKLES).
My handsome man took me to celebrate the big 2-6 at Great Sage in Clarksville, MD. It's an all vegan restaurant with great food like the seitan w/ pepper, carrots & sweet potatoes shown above.
And there he is! Waiting for his foodz...
I also started spending my weekends volunteering at an animal shelter in Shirlington. This adorable little creature is Benjamin Buttons. Five minutes later he was sound asleep on my leg.
This little cutie is Rudy the beagle. Only five months old and ready to go home with you to cuddlez!
I had another special breakfast the other weekend at Open City Diner in Adams Morgan. The animal crackers placed on the side of all their drinks is the best signature business gimmick I've ever seen.
The big 2-6 was also celebrated w/ a tour of Port City Brewing in Alexandria. (Their beers are fantastic). This is me & Mr. Handsome post-tour in the tasting room... getting photo-bombed by our buddy, Paul.
I treated all who attended the tour w/ these pumpkin pretzel goodie-bags! Yes, I did make them myself. Not the pretzels, just the bags. Like YOU can make ribbon curls that awesome? Didn't think so.
On my actual birthday we went all the way out to Leesburg, VA and visited the lovely Tarara Winery. Because of my industry connections, we received a free tasting of six different wines!
We drank the wine while sitting on a bench and overlooking this lake right before sunset. (Cue string quartet).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!










No comments:
Post a Comment