
Happy Labor Day, my happy readers! Today I'd like to tell you about a party I went to this past Saturday evening that had THE greatest theme of all time. What was the theme, you ask? It was "Harry Potter!" Why was the party so magical and impressive? Please read on to find out...

1) The party took place on September 3rd. In number terms, 9/3. It continued on into 9/4, making the party occur on 9 3/4 .... like the platform at King's Cross Station! HOLLA!
2) Every guest was required to dress as a character from Harry Potter. There was a Harry, a Hermoine, a Snape, (dressed in an AWESOME Michael Jackson wig), a Dobby, a Winky, a Mundungus Fletcher, an Arabella Figg, a Bellatrix Lestrange, a Scabbers, a Moaning Myrtle, a Professer Trelawney, a Mad-Eye Moody, and best of all, (because it was my & Brian's costume)... a Harry's Wand and a Voldemort's Wand which together made "PRIORI INCANTATEM!"
3) The house number where the party was held was #12. They hung a sign underneath the #12 on their front door that said "Grimmauld Place!" (AKA- the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix).
4) The hosts, (which dressed as house-elves Dobby and Winky), served Sherbet Lemon candies, Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans, and my personal favorite... Butterbeer, which they concocted themselves with cream soda, real butter, butterschotch schnapps, butterscotch morsels, cream, and brown sugar. (Aka: deadly, but delicious!)
5) Half-way through the party, all activity stopped to watch "Harry Potter and the Mysterious Ticking Noise" on Youtube. If you've never seen it, here's the link... Harry Potter Puppet Show .... Please watch immediately!
All of this Harry Potter magic has helped inspire my Halloween costume for this year. (Even though I've sort of been planning it since last Nov. 1st)... I am going to be the Golden Snitch! (I promise to post pictures).
No comments:
Post a Comment