Hey, Strangers! Long time no see. It's been a busy last month of the semester and I forgot to keep you updated, (I sincerely apologize)... Here are a few big milestones that have happened this past month...
1) I'm going to be interning at Northern Virginia magazine this summer as a PR/Editorial intern. I start tomorrow morning, it should be great!
2) I walked at Graduation yesterday! My family was slightly pissed that I took off my robe before they could snap hundreds of pictures, but it was a lovely little ceremony. Now: I just have to take two classes this summer and then I'll be officially done with college!
3) My grandpa died yesterday. We got the news shortly after my Graduation festivities. He had been suffering from cancer for a long time. He was an amazing man. He was lovable, interesting, sarcastic, successful, and incredibly entertaining. I'm really going to miss him.
As the only journalist in the family, I was given the job of writing Papa's obituary. I've pasted it here in recognition of my incredible Papa:
Paul W. Smith, a Cranford, NJ resident for 57 years, died in his home on Saturday morning at the age of 83. Smith was born in Brooklyn, NY in 1926 and served in the south pacific theater as a master sergeant during World War II from 1945-1947. Smith graduated from St. Francis College in Brooklyn, NY in 1949 and founded the Cranford Recreation Basketball league in 1966. Smith had a long, distinguished career in publication sales. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Jeannette C. Smith (Galvin) of Cranford; four children, Maryellen S. Leister of Virginia, Thomas P. Smith of Ireland, Victoria A. Goski of Cranford, and Paul G. Smith of Cranford; and nine grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to St. John’s soup kitchen in Newark, NJ or Cranford Family Care. You may pay your respects at Dooley’s Funeral Home on Tuesday, May 11 from 4-8 p.m. A memorial mass will be held at St. Michael’s Parish on Wednesday, May 12 at 10:30 a.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment