Have you ever gone to the beach during the off-season when it's raining, windy, and 40 degrees outside with a foggy gray overcast? WELL... be jealous, because I have! (AND I had quite a lovely time :)Friday night after a sushi-licious dinner with his family, Brian and I hopped into his roommate's car... (We'll call him Patrick)... and drove up to spend the weekend in a luxury apartment at Bethany Beach! Patrick's girlfriend also came, so it was kind of a "couples" getaway. BUT: We didn't spend 100% of the time snuggling with our significant other, (maybe 73.7%), so it was definitely a "friends" weekend too!
We ate lunch at this one diner in Bethany called "The Penguin Diner." The entire place had a penguin theme and sold everything penguin you could possibly imagine... stuffed animals, books, shirts, posters, pens, socks, etc. I was psyched to experience my first taste of penguin! BUT: Alas, there was no penguin on the menu. So I settled for a tasty smoked-salmon wrap instead.

One of the apartment's walls, (the wall facing the ocean), was made entirely of glass and opened up onto a balcony with a great view of the shore! It kind of felt like I was living in a backwards fishbowl. Everything outside was floating in water, but I was the one in a glass tank... TRIPPY!
What fun things did you do this weekend? Any cool stories about PENGUINS!?... Share em here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment