Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Ready to Rumble" Rebecca



I just got back to my DC apartment after 4 days of babysitting my old arthritic pooch. I promised the rents that I'd watch over darling Becky while they escaped to the Outer Banks to visit with some of Dad's family...

Dearest Becky turned 11 on June 20th and is happily fatter than ever. We're convinced she's a lesbian b/c she lifts her leg when she pees, (she doesn't squat), she likes to mark her territory & acts awkwardly around other female dogs. She also barks at anything that moves and greets our house guests by jumping and sneezing all over their legs. Here are some of my favorite Becky memories...

1) She dove her head into the cake at my 6-grade birthday party. Mom had to cut off about 1/3 of the sugary goodness. All my friends wondered why the word "Happy" was missing...

2) She puked on our new family room carpet the day we bought it. Dad was the only one awake and had to clean it up himself. Did I mention she's the bane of his existence?

3) The day after we brought her home, Becky crawled underneath my over-sized pajama shirt and took a 2 hour nap while Brohan & I watched our Saturday morning cartoons. It was immediate love...

Becky: With however many years you have left, live it up girl! Chase those squirrels, eat out of the garbage and leave your scent on all the telephone poles you want...

No comments:

Post a Comment