Sunday, November 2, 2014

Asheville (Take #2)

As some of you might remember, Mr. Handsome and I took a delightful, romantic trip to Asheville, NC in March of 2014. Unfortunately, both of us caught the stomach flu and spent a majority of the trip with our heads in the toilet. As you can image, we were a little nervous to drive down there again last month for the wedding of my friends - Monica & Ryan.

I'm happy to announce that this time around... we did NOT catch the stomach flu! We drove down to Asheville on Friday and got there in time to have some delicious food, (best fish tacos EVER), and beers at Highland Brewing. We stayed in quite a sketchy place (run-down motel) in the heart of the city where the bride OH so kindly told us afterward that "all of the hookers stay." Obviously, we will not be staying there again.

 


 

 
 
On Saturday we spent the morning strolling around downtown, looking in cute local shops & walking through various fairs and festivals. The wedding was at 2:00pm on the rooftop of a building downtown that overlooked the Blue Ridge mountains (cue the string quartet). Right afterward we headed to a hipster bar called "Sovereign Remedies" to get our pregame on before the reception. At the reception we ate SUPER fantastic food including oodles of pies, roasted harvest vegetables & gouda mac'n'cheese. NOM!

The best part of the weekend was seeing some of my old Camp Thunderbird friends that I hadn't seen in 10 years. It really felt like we hadn't spent anytime apart, true friendship! It was fun not being sixteen years-old anymore and being able to drink together (legally). "T-H-U-N-D-E-R-B-I-R-D... Thunderbird, Thunderbird it's where I want to be, HEY!"... The second best part of the weekend was finding out that the bride and groom were adopting their own, original last name, "Le Blanc." I will happily refer to them as the wizard couple from now on... Monica and Ryan The White! (A little LOTR humor for you folks)...






Congrats to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment