Sunday, April 13, 2014

I Made It Through The Wilderness! (Camping)

I left work early this past Friday to embrace the wilderness and go camping w/ some buddies out in Centerville, VA! We pitched our tents at a lovely camp site only 100 yards from both the full-service bathroom facilities and the camp store. (Hot tea was provided in the morning fresh from the site's Keurig!)

For me, that's roughing it. Prior to this outing I considered camping staying at a low-quality hotel. I dabbled in a little bit of Girl Scouting back in the day but quit once I finally realized you can still get the cookies without wearing the dorky vests. To say the least, camping has never my forte. I "came down with the flu" whenever our Girl Scout troop headed out to sleep in the woods.

Here are some photos from my night in the wild! We roasted S'mores, drank snobby craft beers, played with our camp-fire pet (Gizmo the Corgi) and took lots of walks through nature.









No comments:

Post a Comment