Mr. Handsome and I took a romantic weekend getaway to Asheville, NC this month. It was super romantic, until we both got the stomach flu and started throwing up everywhere. YAY vacation!
Mr. Handsome got sick about 30 minutes after we arrived at the hotel on Friday evening. Twenty-four hours later, yours truly was bringing up the chunks. Before almost dying I actually did manage to do a lot around town. Asheville is a small city so it wasn't difficult to do almost everything between our trips to the toilet.
We were both feeling ill on Sunday night but managed to head out to a lovely little vegetarian restaurant called "The Laughing Seed." Here is Mr. Handsome waiting for his foodz.
And here I am! Waiting for my foodz and drinking ample amounts of water.
And here is a romantic little archway at "The Laughing Seed" that I may have walked through more than necessary.
This is the vegetarian pho we both ordered. I ate approximately 4 bites before switching back to water.
I made a reservation through work contacts to tour Green Man Brewery on Sunday afternoon. Despite feeling awful, we managed to walk around the brewery for about 50 minutes before wanting to pass out.
Before I died on Saturday night I dragged the sickly boyfriend along to The Grove Park Inn for a can't miss happy hour overlooking Asheville. I drank pink Zinfandel and made friends with a lovely couple named Rob & Chris Something.
On Friday night (while the boyfriend had his head in the toilet) I met up with a dear old friend from my happy days at Camp Thunderbird! Monica and her fiance took me out for drinks and an awesome dinner in the River Arts District.
On Saturday morning I toured the Botanical Gardens located adjacent to the U of A (University of North Carolina, Asheville). This interesting statue was located in one of the garden's ponds. Creepy, yet hipster.
Here's a picture of "The Wedge Brewing Co" in the River Arts District!
A beautiful creek that runs through the U of A Botanical Gardens!
PIGGIES! (That proudly trot along outside of the Asheville Museum of Art)
In case you didn't know... Asheville is an incredible city for art. Here is a mural I found underneath a bridge near downtown. Too cool!
Next time we go on vacation, our goal is to not get sick. DREAM BIG!












No comments:
Post a Comment