Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Oscars!

The OSCARS are this weekend! And I flipping LOVE the Oscars! This year I am throwing on my old prom dress & going to a friend's house for an all-out "Oscar Watching" party. Sure, I'll probably leave by 10:00 to come home and sleep & miss all the good awards. But the excitement & mystery behind the whole charade is exhilarating!

I haven't seen all of the nominated films, but still have strong opinions on who is going to win each award. Here are my predictions...

Best Picture:

Zero Dark Thirty... (I haven't seen it, but the Academy has too much American pride not to vote for it) OR... Les Miserables... (The emotion, the acting, the music! This is going to be a close call)

Actor in a Leading Role:

Daniel Day Lewis... (Again, haven't seen Lincoln. But I hear he was badass in the role! The other nominees all had great performances. But again, the whole American pride thing will have an edge with the Academy).

Actress in a Leading Role:

Jessica Chastain... (Jennifer Lawrence had a great performance in Silver Linings Playbook, but Jessica Chastain, who is- by the way- a vegan, is going to win for finding Osama Bin Laden)

Actor in a Supporting Role:

Alan Arkin...(He's old, and Argo might not win anything else. I'm pulling for this guy!)

Actress in a Supporting Role:

Anne Hathaway... (I think it's going to be a close call with Sally Field, but America loves Anne Hathaway too much not to give her a trophy for posing as a prostitute).


For all the other awards.... who really cares? I'll be drinking & munching on guacamole. Have a wonderful Oscar weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment