If it's not obvious by the name of my blog, there are few things in life I love more than musicals. I listen to musical soundtracks while working out, frequently re-enact my role as Liesl in Longfellow Middle School's 8th grade production of "The Sound of Music," and often dream about people breaking out into song & performing choreographed dances in public!
For those of you with similar passions, I HOPE you have seen Les Miserables in theaters! If not, shame on you. But here is all you need to know in order to discuss the film with your fellow theater nerds...
1) Hugh Jackman should win an Oscar. BAD-ASS singing, acting, & walking through poop while saving Marius.
2) Anne Hathaway should win an Oscar. Her performance was emotional & inspiring with perfectly pitched singing. Plus she had to lose a bunch of weight and chop off all of her hair.
3) Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter were perfectly casted. I ask you...Who else is more fit to run a corrupt B&B than Borat & Bellatrix Lestrange?
4) Russell Crowe can't sing and should not have been casted as Javert. Apparently he begged for the role. (They should have turned him down).
5) Eddie Redmayne did a GREAT job as Marius. His freckles are kind of weird & his voice is too high, but he's totally hot. I have such a weakness for that European look. Brian- you know what I'm talking about ;)
6) The actor who played Enjolras, (head of the rebels), played Tripp on Gossip Girl during season 3!
Overall synopsis- it is definitely worth seeing! I cried several times. You will leave the theater feeling melancholy yet inspired/impacted by the epic, EPIC nature of the film.
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

No comments:
Post a Comment