Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yet Another Maryellen Moment...

For those of you who've been following Life's A Musical for some time, you know that I've written a handful of posts about my mother's occasional nonsensical outbursts. Every once in awhile, we'll have a conversation that makes me fear the state of my mind in 30 years. Here's a "fun" little conversation that took place today...

Me: "Hey, Mom. Guess who just got engaged? It's someone we know pretty well."

Mom: "Oh my God, YOU!?"

Me: ".................... Are you for real?"

Mom: "Ok, let me guess.... (Insert name of random boy I dated briefly in high school)"

Me: "..................... Again, are you for real? Out of all the people it could be, you guess (Insert name of random boy I dated briefly in high school)"

Mom: "Oh, I know!..... (Insert name of cousin who isn't currently dating anyone)"

Me: "Mom, come on. Give me a serious guess here."

Mom: "Oh, is it (Insert name of random friend I haven't talked to in about 7 years)?"

Me: "Wow, you are really bad at this game."

Mom: "Is it your brother!?"

Me: "UGH! Mom, NO! It's Antonio & Hannah!"

Congratulations, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment